How to Fit Table Legs In 6 Easy Steps
Have you recently bought some brand new turned table legs? If so, you might be searching for an effective way to join them to your table top! Plus, a brand new set of table legs is a great way to give an old table top a brand new look.
At SCF Hardware, our table leg fixing kit makes fitting table legs a quick and seamless process. So your table will be ready to go in no time. Our table leg fixing kit comes in different sizes, depending on your requirements, with the following items included:
- 4 small, large or cranked table brace plates
- 4 wood to metal dowels (10 x 80mm)
- 4 wing nuts (10mm)
Follow our simple guide about how to fit table legs using our table leg fixing kit in these six easy steps.
- Place the table brace plates at each corner on the underneath of your table top. It’s a good idea to have a play around with the positioning before fixing them firmly into place. Ensure that the brace table leg fixings are at an equal distance from the table’s edges. We recommend lining them up with the very edge of your table top.
- Once secure, bolt your table brace plates in place on either side. To ensure the table brace plates stay in place whilst you screw them in, clamp them in place or ask someone to give you a hand.
- Then, drill a hole through the centre of the base plate. This is where your wood to metal dowels will be fitted.
- Once the wood to metal dowels are in place, secure them by screwing on your wing nuts.
- Drill pilot holes in all four of your table legs. Ensure you only drill as far as the length of your wood to metal dowels.
- Then, screw your table legs onto the wood to metal dowels until they are tightly in place. And you’re done!
Don’t forget to view our range of table leg fixings for your next project. For more information about how to fit table legs, contact our friendly team at SCF Hardware who will be happy to discuss it with you. Give us a call on 0800 298 7141. If you sign up for a trade account, you gain access to exclusive trade prices!