You may also need...
Rubio Monocoat Fumed
Create a greying effect for oak wood using Rubio Monocoat Fumed. A pre-treatment for wood solution that doesn’t cause harmful or irritating vapours. Rubio Monocoat Fumed works by reacting to the tannic acid which is found naturally in wood. The product can be administrated both manually or using industrial equipment. Depending on the wood type, the final result after application can vary between light and intense shades of grey.
For best results, apply Rubio Monocoat Fumed in conjunction with the Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C collection. Using with their 2C oil for wooden furniture guarantees an optimal molecular binding finish.
Rubio Monocoat Fumed Features
- Offers a ‘greying’ effect to the wood
- Does not release any toxic fumes or irritating vapours
- Can be diluted with water if the concentration is too high
- Coverage: 60–100m2 per litre
- Application: Brush, Roller
- Drying Time: Touch dry in 12-48 hrs at 23°C
- Layers: As desired
- Pre Treatment: Rubio Monocoat Cleaner
- Storage: 1 Year if kept dry and firmly shut
- VOC: 0%
- Sand the surface according to professional standards. When renovating old floors, you must remove all the residues from previous treatments completely (varnish, oil, wax, etc.)
- Vacuum the surface and clean with Rubio Monocoat Cleaner.
- Stir the product well using a stirring rod.
- Apply Rubio Monocoat Fumed regularly using a roller or a brush
- Saturate the surface completely to achieve a smooth effect
- Let the surface dry completely (12 to 48 hours)
- Sand the surface lightly using a polisher equipped with a beige pad
- Remove any dust again
- Depending on the type of wood and preparation: +/- 20 to 40 g/m2
- Apply Rubio Monocoat Fumed regularly using a roller or a spray gun
- If a smooth effect is required, saturate the surface completely
- Let the surface dry completely to the air, with a drying tunnel, or UV drying
- Sand the surface lightly with a brush sanding machine, ﬂutter or nylon
- Remove any dust again
- Depending on the type of wood and preparation: +/- 5 to 15 g/m2 (usages are approximate)
Finish with the Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C. Please see the oil technical data sheet for the correct application of this product.
Discover our full range of Rubio Monocoat Oils and maintenance care products online today! We stock a variety of leading Rubio Monocoat oils for wooden furniture available to order in bulk. For product assistance, get in touch with our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out a contact form. Get access to trade discounts and offers site-wide by signing up for an SCF Trade Account.